Monday, April 1, 2013

Fyrinnae Serendipity and Daemon's Tail

Fully half of my face declined to be photographed today.  Imagine that. Hence, floating head.
Not too long ago,  Fyrinnae, cult cosmetic fave of those in the know, introduced pressed shadows. Of course, I bought a few. The texture is not luscious. When I swatched with a finger, it felt grainy, though it feels a bit better on my lids. I still enjoy the shadows and think they are a great bargain at 8.25$ a pop.

Here are a couple shadows that I like to pair up for a tonally cohesive eye:




Serendipity, formerly Te Amo, is a burnished, glowing rosy copper, while Daemon's Tail is an interestingly muddy ruddy purple brown with a softly shimmery finish and fuchsia and gold glints. It looks better in person, I promise. 

Worn together, they play off each other's slightly different texture but similar leaning toward rose.

This, children, is what happens when you crop the wonky half of your face after adding a watermark. Learn well.
For this look, I applied Serendipity on my lid and Daemon's Tail in my crease, lower lashline, and outer V. I've been meaning to wear eyeliner more often, really I have, but I forgot until after I had curled my lashes and applied Guerlain Maxi Lash and by then I couldn't be bothered.

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous look on you : ) I'm surprised at how similar Daemon's Tail and Serendipity look in that swatch! I was thinking of adding both (pressed) to my upcoming Fyrinnae cart, but might have to reconsider... Thanks for the lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous and reminds me a little of Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever decide to part with any of your fyrinnae pressed shadows, let me know! I would be interested in any shade. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete